Friday 22 May 2015

Reasons why I’m looking forward to Anuja Chauhan’s Next Novel



I picked up her first novel way back in 2008 when I wanted to try out something new and the back of this book, The Zoya Factor, looked infinitely interesting. And just like her, I haven’t looked back once. Every book that Anuja Chauhan releases, I polish off with great relish and highly recommend it to all my friends. Here is a list of reasons as to why I think Anuja Chauhan is one of my favourite writers.

1)        A fan of Laughter
I have always tried to read funny books that make me smile throughout and Anuja Chauhan never fails to deliver in that department. Her writing is like fresh nimbu paani (lemonade) on a hot summer day. These books will make you laugh with the colourful characters and the hilarious one liners that they crack.
2)       A fan of Romance
The clash of characters, the stolen glances, the witty banter and the swoon-inducing romance of her stories have been pulling readers in since the very first novel. I don’t know too many characters whose flirting abilities can make a reader blush. (Yes Dylan Singh Shekhawat, I’m talking about you!)
3)      A fan of Interesting Plotlines
With Anuja Chauhan, you always know that you’re going to get more than one aspect to the story. With diverse settings ranging from Cricket, politics to a nostalgic 1980s Delhi, she has now chosen the very interesting backdrop of familial property dispute in her latest, upcoming novel.
4)      A fan of Detailed Characters
I absolutely love the way Anuja Chauhan not only pays attention to the main characters but also adds flavour to the supporting characters in the book. The dialogue, the thought processes and the sheer colour of these characters just leaps off the pages and gives the imagination much exercise.
The jump sequel to ‘Those Pricey Thakur Girls’ i.e. ‘The House that BJ Built’ is out on May 25th It comes as no surprise that I can’t wait to read it!
Much later!

Perennial Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment