Tuesday 2 June 2015

The Wait!


The year was 2009. I had been a fan of Meg Cabot’s Princess Diaries series since I first spotted the colourful covers beckoning me over at the Landmark store. I think I started reading the series when I was 16. By the time 2009 arrived, I was in love. In love with Mia and her beautiful personality. In love with the fact that the series was about a princess. In love with the plot line. In love with Mia’s quirky and loyal friends. And in love with Michael Moscovitz (The name alone says it all!)
Back to the year 2009. I had finished the first 9 books. I had walked into the store and spotted the book that I had only read about in the back of the ninth book. And that’s when I saw it: The tenth book. It was right there in one of the middle shelves of the store, piled up in huge shiny, silver stacks of glorious Forever Princess Ten out of Ten Happiness. Walking up to that shelf and picking up my very own copy (which has been reread innumerable times by now) remains my favourite book memory of all time.

Now the year is 2015. The year of a new book in the beloved series by Meg Cabot. The year of Michael and Mia getting married!!! The year of the Royal Wedding. It is the year to rejoice! :D

My Meg Cabot-dedicated shelf is waiting to welcome a new member to the royal book family. The book is out today. Pre-ordered and waiting. Need I say more?



Until we meet again!

The Perennial Reader. J

No comments:

Post a Comment